Downtown Development Authority
Mission StatementRose City established a DDA Board & District in 2002 based on Michigan Public Act (PA) 197. The mission & purpose of a DDA is to correct & prevent deterioration in the DDA District, to encourage historic preservation, and to promote the economic growth of the district.
Click to enlarge
Board MembersPresident: Rick Benjamin 01/01/18 to 12/31/21
Vice-President: Jeremy Card 01/01/18 to 12/31/21
Treasurer: Carol Butler 01/01/18 to 12/31/21
Secretary: Theresa Erickson 01/01/13 to 12/31/21
Mayor, ex-officio: Dave Reasner 01/01/18 to 12/31/21
MembersMark Benjamin 10/24/11 to 01/01/19
Fred LaPointe 07/20/10 to 01/01/19
Tammy Delaney 05/22/12 to 01/01/16
Mark Berdan 11/17/15 to 01/01/20
4th Tuesday of each month at 6 PM at Council Chambers behind Police Department.
Exceptions for holidays
Strategic Plan – 2012 GoalsPrimary funding for Rose City DDA is through TIF dollars … Tax Increment Funding. TIF was established at the time the Rose City DDA was established.
Projects Completed* City Parking Lot on East Main Street refurbished
* Sidewalk on East Main Street north side installed from Warner to Heberstreit
* Welcome Signs refurbished on M-33 on north & south terminus of city
* Trailhead Sign refurbished at East Main Street Trailhead
* Plantings & Sign installed at Houghton Creek Park entry on M-33
* Annual plantings at 4-corners at M-33 and Main Street
* Mural painted on side of building (Trapper’s) located northwest of intersection of M-33 and Main Street
* Funding for 3 years of Michigan Web (Michigan Backroads) Terrific Towns