Downtown Development Authority
Mission StatementRose City established a DDA Board & District in 2002 based on Michigan Public Act (PA) 197. The mission & purpose of a DDA is to correct & prevent deterioration in the DDA District, to encourage historic preservation, and to promote the economic growth of the district.
Click to enlarge
Board MembersPresident: Rick Benjamin 07/20/10 to 01/01/18
Vice-President: Jeremy Card 03/27/12 to 01/01/19
Treasurer: Carol Butler 01/23/11 to 01/01/16
Secretary: Theresa Erickson 06/25/13 to 01/01/17
Mayor, ex-officio: Dave Reasner 11/01/11 to 11/30/16
MembersMark Benjamin 10/24/11 to 01/01/19
Fred LaPointe 07/20/10 to 01/01/19
Tammy Delaney 05/22/12 to 01/01/16
Richard Dooley 01/23/12 to 01/01/16
Mark Berdan 11/17/15 to 01/01/20
4th Tuesday of each month at 6 PM at Council Chambers behind Police Department.
Exceptions for holidays
Strategic Plan – 2012 GoalsPrimary funding for Rose City DDA is through TIF dollars … Tax Increment Funding. TIF was established at the time the Rose City DDA was established.
Projects Completed* City Parking Lot on East Main Street refurbished
* Sidewalk on East Main Street north side installed from Warner to Heberstreit
* Welcome Signs refurbished on M-33 on north & south terminus of city
* Trailhead Sign refurbished at East Main Street Trailhead
* Plantings & Sign installed at Houghton Creek Park entry on M-33
* Annual plantings at 4-corners at M-33 and Main Street
* Mural painted on side of building (Trapper’s) located northwest of intersection of M-33 and Main Street
* Funding for 3 years of Michigan Web (Michigan Backroads) Terrific Towns
Facade ProgramsCreated in 2011 to assist in the funding of materials for improvements to the exterior of buildings within the DDA District. The Façade Program is a reimbursement program. The project is submitted for approval, completed, and then reimbursed after project reviewed by DDA.
As of 2013, 7 properties have participated for a total investment of $104,300 including $7,700 matched by the DDA Façade program.